RODE NT5s - Single Mic
The NT5 is a masterpiece of small-diaphragm cardioid-condenser microphone design.
Intended for recording acoustic instruments, drum overheads, cymbals and live performances, the compact externally polarized mic employs a .5” capsule, an active J-FET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer.
Finished in durable satin nickel, the NT5 is intended for either single or stereo X/Y mic set-ups. The NT5 comes supplied in a custom carry case with windshield and mount.
It is also available as a matched pair.
"The NT5 pair I use on Acoustic guitars, string sections, and sometimes just atmosphere from the room. One problem, keep your eyes on the musicians. They will put this one in their back pocket after the session"
- Bootsy Collins
"The RÃ˜DEs really have excellent directivity and rejection. I recorded with no eq or compression and got a super sound."
- Jim Decicco, Producer (Linkin Park, Ice-T)
"RÃ˜DE have got it right with the NT5's, they sound fantastic. They are keepers that I will hold onto for years to come."
- Bill Ruys, Harmony Central, 2007
- Acoustic Principle: Externally polarised single diaphragm
- Capsule Size: 0.5” (13mm)
- Active Electronics: JFET Impedance converter with bipolar
- Directional Response: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -38 dB re 1v/Pa Â± 2 dB equivalent to 12mV/Pa
where 1 Pa = 94dBSPL
- Equivalent Noise: <16 dBSPL, (A-weighted per IEC268-15).
- Maximum Output: +13.9 dBu @ 1% THD into 1k_
- Dynamic Range: >128 dB
- Maximum SPL: 143 dB @ 1% THD into 1k_
- Signal to Noise: 78dB
- Power Requirements: 4 mA, P48 Supply (38Vâ€“52V) 2 mA,
- P24 Supply (20V-26V) The microphone operates in
accordance with the above specifications to a minimum of
18V. It will operate with some performance degradation
- Packed Weight: 1.8kg (Mic only 100g)
Others Also Bought
More From This Category